<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Political Evolution

For the first time in my life, I will not vote for the (presumptive) Democratic party nominee for President. While I am proud of Hillary Clinton's presidential campain, I will not follow her in supporting the Democratic nominee. I wish her well in her future role, but she does not speak for me. I will not leave the Democratic Party because there is still a lot that I agree with, but ask me again in 2 years and we'll see how I feel.

I want smaller government, and the way to do that and still provide necessary services to to root out waste, earmarks, and corruption. The Republican Party has been blighted by the scourge of greed and cronyism over the years of the Bush administration, but with John McCain they will have an opportunity to change all that. I now support John McCain for President and will append the word "enthusiastically" to that sentence if he chooses Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. Republicans have good ideas regarding the role of government, but have failed in its execution. Governor Palin is taking exactly the right approach in Alaska, weeding out the cancer at its source.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?